Re: Proposed work item: did:key DID Method

On 11/23/19 12:05 PM, Oliver Terbu wrote:
> If `did:key` starts as a new W3C Work Item, then I would be
> interested, although I hope that
> https://github.com/uport-project/nacl-did can be used as an input
> document.

Yes, I expect that we'd merge the did:key and did:nacl documents as
their goals are strongly aligned, if my reading of did:nacl is correct.

In fact, the biggest difference boils down to this line in the did:nacl
README:

> The base identifier is a Base64Url encoded Ed25519 public key.

did:key is a multibase, multi-codec encoded public key, so it supports
more than just Ed25519... it supports ed25519, secp256k1, secp256r1, and
even RSA. It is also future-compatible by supporting alternate
base-encoding formats, and new key formats that are yet to appear
(through the use of multicodec).

Happy to have you as a co-editor, Oliver, if you're volunteering. :)

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches