Re: DID USER AGENTS

IMO, a DID user agent is not a well-defined term. The community
distinguishes between different types of agents. These agents are either
controlled by an entity, or act on behalf of the entity, run in different
locations and have certain capabilities, e.g., routing messages between
entities, answering to credentials presentation requests on behalf of
entities. I assume you are referring to an agent that runs on a mobile
phone or in the browser (e.g., plugin/extension) that is controlled by an
entity.

In general, there are a lot of companies working in this area and they have
their own agent implementations. The community has agreed so far on the W3C
Verifiable Credentials Data Model (W3C REC) and on the W3C CCG DID Spec
(Community Draft) so far. The DID spec is now being formalized in a
dedicated W3C DID WG. HL Aries/DIF is working on protocols that allows them
to interoperate on the messaging level. The following is a non-exhaustive
list of public edge agents available on Android/ iOS:
- uPort -> https://www.uport.me/
- Evernym/ connect.me -> https://www.evernym.com/products/
- Jolocom -> https://jolocom.io/
- Civic -> https://www.civic.com/