Re: Inventory of Government related DID/VC projects

Here's ours:

https://www.kiva.org/protocol

"Kiva, Sierra Leone and U.N. agencies announced the first implementation of
the Kiva Protocol on Sept. 27, 2018, at the U.N. General Assembly. The Kiva
Protocol will be used to create a nationwide digital identification system
designed to help the country’s 7 million citizens access the financial
services they need to improve their lives.

Globally, 1.7 billion adults are unbanked, including 80% of the citizens of
Sierra Leone. Two of the major barriers to accessing financial services are
a lack of formal identification and a lack of verifiable credit history.

The new Kiva Protocol is designed to address these barriers by using
distributed ledger technology to issue digital identification to all
citizens. Through the Kiva Protocol, both formal and informal financial
institutions (from banks to shopkeepers giving credit) can help contribute
to a person’s credit history."
For picture, you could credit and use the photo here of President Bio
announcing it:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerhuang/2019/01/23/kiva-partners-with-un-and-sierra-leone-to-credit-score-the-unbanked-with-blockchain/#2f43f98460a4
or could just use our logo.

As for thoughts on privacy and legislation, especially around KYC/AML, one
thing I bring up a lot is a hope that eventually laws and regulations will
support financial institutions only needing to verify that the individual
can present a KYC/AML credential, but not have to actually show any of the
PII. Thus, I could go to any accredited KYC/AML verification provider I
choose, present them with the PII they need to verify, then receive a
verifiable credential indicating the check has been done/passed and meets a
certain standard. This credential would be presented to a bank when
applying with them. This would actually make things more efficient for
banks, but banks are often conservative and I believe would really need
legislation or governmental guidance pushing them in this direction to get
there.