Re: Switching to CBOR. Was: JSON-LD vs JWT for VC

On 2018-11-02 17:12, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 11/2/18 12:31 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> The argument for (in some way) "hiding" algorithms and PUBLIC keys
>> from developers seems like a rather strange idea.
>
> It certainly is... I don't think anyone is suggesting this, are they?

Well, this is how I interpret your message:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2018Nov/0001.html

"Some in the group also believe that JOSE exposes cryptographic details
  that should not be exposed to web developers (things like x and y values
  of elliptic keys, for example). COSE wraps these in a binary blob that
  places it out of the purview of web developers, which is viewed as an
  advantage of COSE"

To me this is utter nonsense.

Anders