Re: Switching to CBOR. Was: JSON-LD vs JWT for VC

*puts on chair/moderator hat*

Let's keep the conversation constructive and technical. Let's avoid
imprecise, incendiary language.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM Anders Rundgren <
anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2018-11-02 17:12, Manu Sporny wrote:
> > On 11/2/18 12:31 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> >> The argument for (in some way) "hiding" algorithms and PUBLIC keys
> >> from developers seems like a rather strange idea.
> >
> > It certainly is... I don't think anyone is suggesting this, are they?
>
> Well, this is how I interpret your message:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2018Nov/0001.html
>
> "Some in the group also believe that JOSE exposes cryptographic details
>   that should not be exposed to web developers (things like x and y values
>   of elliptic keys, for example). COSE wraps these in a binary blob that
>   places it out of the purview of web developers, which is viewed as an
>   advantage of COSE"
>
> To me this is utter nonsense.
>
> Anders
>

> > -- manu
> >

> --
Kim Hamilton Duffy
CTO & Principal Architect Learning Machine
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group

kim@learningmachine.com