Re: Call for Focal DID Use Cases

On 05/31/2018 07:15 AM, Kettunen Antti J wrote:
> Manu, this sounds a really interesting use case. The Corporate
> identifiers is a huge topic, since it touches on a vast number of
> additional use cases, like representation rights, founding
> documents, share ownership, etc.

Yes, cryptographic corporate identifiers seem to be a very common use of
Decentralized Identifiers. The process seems to be:

1. Organization gets a DID.
2. Government issues a Verifiable Credential for the DID.
3. DID + VC is used to perform some task.

> Do you think these use cases should be separate, or should we
> collaborate on this?

I think they are separate use cases that depend on the same three steps
above and I think you should submit your use case as well. We can always
combine use cases later, but I think the most interesting thing about
your use case is that the DID is used in a different set of industries
and for a different set of purposes than the one I mentioned.

Part of the purpose of these use cases is to demonstrate to the W3C
Membership (400+ organizations) that this technology has broad
applications and in order to do that, we need to show its use in a very
diverse set of market verticals and business processes as possible.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches