Re: Call for Focal DID Use Cases

 +1 for gov issued VCs, especially for people with dual citizenship

-

This is interesting, how the USPS verifies identity for passport issuance:

  Primary Proof of Identity

  In-state, valid driver's license (not temporary or learner's permit)

  Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card (with recognizable photo, can be expired)

  Certificate of Naturalization (with recognizable photo)

  Certificate of Citizenship (with recognizable photo)

  Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)

  U.S. military or military dependent ID

  Current (valid) foreign passport

  Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant

  Permanent resident card (Green Card) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant

  If you apply at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility and submit an out-of-state primary identification, you also have to present an additional ID document. For example, if you apply in Arizona with a Texas Driver's License, you must present an additional ID.

  Secondary Proof of Identity

  Social Security Cards serves as seconday proof of identification.

  State-issued non-driver ID

  Out-of-state driver's license

  Social Security card

  Learner's or temporary driver's permit

  Voter registration card

  Employee ID

  Student ID

  Selective Service (draft) card

  Medicare or other health card

  Expired driver's license

  Membership card in a local social organization or club

  Rental contracts

  Mortgage documents

  Auto registrations

  Traffic tickets  &  violations

  An Identifying Witness (someone who can swear to your identity) that is present at the time of your application. He or she must:

  Have known you for at least 2 years

  Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident

  Have valid ID

  Fill out Form DS-71: Affidavit of Identifying Witness in the presence of a Passport Agent

-

Moses Ma | NextGEN Ventures Inc

moses@ngenven.com | moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com

v  +1.415.952.7888 (tel:+1.415.952.7888)  | m  +1.415.568.1068 (tel:+1.415.568.1068)  | skype mosesma