From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Sent: December 21, 2018 2:08 AM
To: Michael Herman (Parallelspace) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: Review of the current draft DID specification

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 at 07:57, Michael Herman (Parallelspace) <mwherman@parallelspace.net<mailto:mwherman@parallelspace.net>> wrote:
I've recently started a detailed review of the current draft DID specification document and to be direct, I have found even the first few sections to be quite imprecise and confuding.
I've started creating a new GitHub issue every time I've encountered a problem. 11 issues so far and I'm barely into section 2.
I'm reviewing the draft spec from the perspectives of an Enterprise Architect and experienced blockchain developer. Most of the issues relate to a lack of precision in the use of key concepts and terminology ...as well as unnecessary IMHO overloading of these key concepts/terms ...things that should be prohibitive in a spec document..
That's a bit of a brutal introduction... But those who have met me (in Basel for example) understand my proper passion around these topics.
I also understand there is a rush to advance this document from a Community draft specification to something with a more formal status. I honestly don't think the document is ready ...but I don't know what the "bar" is.
What's the best way to proceed? I'm not sure... ...keep creating new issues? ...write a lengthy position paper? ... create a new PR?
Your thoughts?

Definitely worth recording the issues you find.

Divide them into sections perhaps, minor typos, bug type errors, conceptual issues

Definitely worth pointing the ones you rank higher to the list.

Also if you have pointers to longer text Im sure some here will be interested.

I realize I didnt answer all your questions, but others can probably advise better there