Re: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, May 17th 2016

Good point.  I am not trying to argue for or against any particular
change.  I sent the email only because the discussion started in the
context of the data model, even though it didn't necessarily stay there.

If we end up deciding on a change to the data model then, obviously, I
would need to reflect that in the data model spec document we're developing.

-- dan

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Stone, Matt <matt.stone@pearson.com>
wrote:

> ​I won't be there today, but be very clear to distinguish between the
> expiration of the credential (in the data model, like an issue date) and
> the "time since last verified" that the protocol would care about.
>
> -stone​
>

> =====
> Matt Stone
> 501-291-1599
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Daniel Burnett <danielcburnett@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Manu,
>>
>> There has been a mailing list thread [1] about whether a credential
>> expiration date property should be required in the data model.  It appears
>> to me that, so far, there isn't consensus either way.  You might want to
>> add it as an agenda item we can discuss if time permits at the end of the
>> meeting.
>>
>> -- dan
>>
>> [1]
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2016May/0023.html
>>
>> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We have a Verifiable Claims Task Force call tomorrow to get an intro to
>>> the US Department of Homeland Security's Blockchain research project
>>> around identity from Anil John (who initiated the project). We'll also
>>> provide a rundown of what happened at the United Nations ID2020 summit,
>>> the Rebooting Web of Trust Design Workshop, and how those events
>>> dovetail with the work we're doing here. Finally, we'll get an update on
>>> progress on deliverables for the upcoming W3C Blockchain workshop and
>>> Web Payments IG meeting on July 1st 2016.
>>>
>>> The meeting is open to the general public. There are no Intellectual
>>> Property Release requirements. The call will be recorded and minuted to
>>> ensure we're capturing everyone's concerns properly.
>>>
>>> If you want to add anything to or modify the proposed agenda below,
>>> please respond via the mailing list or make a note of it at the
>>> beginning of the call. If your organization would not like the call to
>>> be recorded, let me know and we'll disable the audio recording.
>>>
>>> ==========
>>> Tuesday, May 24th 2016
>>> Time: 11am Boston
>>> Text Chat: http://tinyurl.com/w3c-vctf
>>>            irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#vctf
>>> Voice: sip:vctf@96.89.14.196
>>>        tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 (extension 6306)
>>> Duration: 60 minutes
>>> Scribes: MattC, MattS, Longley, DanB, Gregg, Nate, Brian,
>>>
>>> Proposed Agenda
>>>
>>> 1. Introduction to Anil John and DHS Blockchain R&D
>>>    * https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/867797
>>> 2. United Nations ID2020 Summit Recap
>>> 3. Rebooting Web of Trust Design Workshop Recap