Re: xAPI Badges integration(Including references to badge assertions in Experience API activity streams)

Dave,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
 wrote:

> That sounds just like RDF. JSON-LD is an RDF syntax; if you want
> JSON-LD toRDF API to convert any JSON-LD to that format. Also, the
> Social Web Working Group at W3C is working on Activity Streams and they
> use JSON-LD. It seems there may be some reinventing of existing or
> ongoing standards work at W3C going on here.

I think the xAPI spec
<https://github.com/adlnet/xAPI-Spec/blob/master/xAPI.md> was at least
heavily informed by the Activity Streams spec, though I don't know whether
xAPI is a fully compliant with Activity Streams, or which version if it is.
xAPI statements are JSON-based like,

{
    "id": "12345678-1234-5678-1234-567812345678",
    "actor":{
        "mbox":"mailto:xapi@adlnet.gov"
    },
    "verb":{
        "id":"http://adlnet.gov/expapi/verbs/created",
        "display":{
            "en-US":"created"
        }
    },
    "object":{
        "id":"http://example.adlnet.gov/xapi/example/activity"
    }
}

(Sorry I used any punctuation at all in my previous message, I was just
quickly writing the idea as opposed to specific syntax).

I heard that the xAPI community is interested in adopting JSON-LD to move
forward, though their current spec already seems to have something really
close. Just a few things aren't quite right, like the lack of @contexts and
things like the "display" usage here aren't quite compatible with JSON-LD's
@languge keyword.

*Nate Otto, Developer*
concentricsky.com