Re: xAPI Badges integration(Including references to badge assertions in Experience API activity streams)

On 02/05/2015 12:08 AM, Dave Longley wrote:
> On 02/04/2015 04:51 PM, Nate Otto wrote:
>> Friends and Badgers, (CC: Credentials Community Group)
>>
>> Andrew Downes, Jason Lewis, Ryan Smith and a few others have been doing
>> some good work on defining how it might be possible to transport badges
>> within xAPI "activity streams." (These streams are essentially
>> case, "Nate earned Badge #5"
>
> That sounds just like RDF. JSON-LD is an RDF syntax; if you want
> JSON-LD toRDF API to convert any JSON-LD to that format. Also, the
> Social Web Working Group at W3C is working on Activity Streams and they
> use JSON-LD. It seems there may be some reinventing of existing or
> ongoing standards work at W3C going on here.

Hola :)

Yes, JSON-LD based Activity Streams 2.0 make two First Public Working
Drafts which we work on in Social WG, latest versions:
* http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-activitystreams-core-20150129/
* http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-activitystreams-vocabulary-20150129/

Github repo: https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues

BTW currently we work on HTTP API and collect requirements as User Stories
* https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories

I could happily propose including Badges use cases among other collected
in Social IG, Use Case TF
* https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Use_Case_TF

Also just yesterday I took action in Social IG to discuss with
Credentials CG social profile requirements, will follow up on it shortly!
* http://www.w3.org/Social/InterestGroup/track/actions/2
* https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Liaison_TF

Cheers!