WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: <noreply@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:40:53 +0000
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
Name: Makoto Ueki
Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
Affiliation: WAIC(Web Accessibility Infrastructure Committee in Japan)
Document: W2
Item Number: Appendix A: Glossary
Part of Item:
Comment Type: question
Summary of Issue:
We are reviewing and modifying our Japanese  translation of WCAG 2 for JIS refresh.

We have a request on "general flash and red flash thresholds" in "Appendix A: Glossary".

It reads "Note 2: A transition is the change in relative luminance (or relative luminance/color for red flashing) between adjacent peaks and valleys in a plot of relative luminance (or relative luminance/color for red flashing) measurement against time."

Could you restate Note 2 in different words (in plain English)?

Proposed Change:
We need to understand what it means in order to translate it more accurately. Thank you so much in advance for your cooperation.