Re: SC 1.1.1: Situation C G82 + ?

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM,  <makoto.ueki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: Infoaxia, Inc.
> Document: UW
> Item Number: Understanding Success Criterion 1.1.1
> Part of Item: Sufficient Techniques
> Comment Type: question
> Summary of Issue: SC 1.1.1: Situation C  G82 + ?
> First item in Situation C reads "1. G82: Providing a text alternative that identifies the purpose of the non-text content using a short text alternative technique listed below".
>

> Short text alternative technique which can be used with G82 would be only H36.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Change "1. G82: Providing a text alternative that identifies the purpose of the non-text content using a short text alternative technique listed below" to "1. G82: Providing a text alternative that identifies the purpose of the non-text content AND H36: Using alt attributes on images used as submit buttons (HTML)".

While your proposed changes might be easier to understand for authors
who are using HTML, these techniques are listed this way to
accommodate the addition of future techniques for providing short text
alternatives for other technologies. We expect to have new techniques
for providing short text alternatives listed in this section for
additional technologies in an upcoming draft of the Techniques
document.