Language of Parts: SC 3.1.2

From: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:20:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
My page has (i.e, and etc.,) which is both Latin. Language of Parts suggets I might not need it: See the example below as part of SC 3.1.2.

Individual words or phrases in one language can become part of another language. For example, "rendezvous" is a French word that has been adopted in English, appears in English dictionaries, and is properly pronounced by English screen readers. Hence a passage of English text may contain the word "rendezvous" without specifying that its human language is French and still satisfy this Success Criterion.

Do I need the lang tag for i.e., or etc., neither, or both?