[wcag20] Link Purpose (In Context)—Understanding SC 2.4.4

From: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 19:20:15 +0200
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
> http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-refs.html

I noticed two issues:

* “The alt text for the icon is null”—wouldn’t “empty” be a little bit
more understandable as “null” doesn’t seem to reflect common lingo?
* Typo: “describedby”.

Other than that I cannot but feel a bit uncomfortable around “link
purpose,” as the purpose of a link is usually always the same,
referring to another resource. Thus, I wonder if for instance “link
target” wouldn’t have been a little bit clearer, considering that
after all, this criterion is about user expectations.

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/