Re: Questions about Breadrumb and Keyboard Accessibility

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:04:37 -0700
To: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Chris Reeve<chrisreeve15@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1) Is the breadcrumb trail requirements part of level A, AA, or AAA? If it
> is part of AA, area there alternatives to passing WCAG 2.0?

Breadcrumb trails is one of the sufficient techniques for
   SC 2.4.8 Location: Information about the user's location within a
set of Web pages is available. (Level AAA)
See Understanding SC 2.4.8
<http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-location.html>
for other sufficient techniques.

> 2) Also, I "DO NOT" have any image maps, client side scripts, or server side
> scripts on my site. Are there any other issues I need to know about that
> might require me to make my site keyboard accessible? If so, what are they?

If your only interactive components are HTML form controls and links,
you should be ok. See Understanding SC 2.2.1
<http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/keyboard-operation-keyboard-operable.html>,
which lists the sufficient technique H91: Using HTML form controls and
links <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/H91> .

Loretta