Comment LC-1038

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:08:50 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 18:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/000901c69538$2e394450$f4c9b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1038)

Baseline - Under 'Additional information' it says that a conformance claim
"CANNOT specify physical, sensory or cognitive requirements". Is the
conformance claim not allowed to say "We have developed this site
specifically for people with vision impairments" - because that is something
that would be important to a vision impairment organisation.

Proposed Change:

This section needs to delineate between specifying actual physical, sensory
or cognitive requirements a person needs to access a site, via physical,
sensory or cognitive disabilities that are catered for

Response from Working Group:

We have rewritten the conformance section, and this statement has been
removed.
Response from GSW:
Thank you for taking my comment into account.