Comment LC-1037

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:07:59 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 17:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/000901c69538$2e394450$f4c9b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1037)

Baseline - I believe it is not possible to fully comment on baseline due to
the lack of a definition and the statement "The W3C-WAI may also prepare "A
Guide for Policy Makers" to help organizations choose a baseline that will
ensure the maximum accessibility for their environments". This policy
document is mandatory to fully understand baseline and how it is to be
applied.

Proposed Change:

Develop "A Guide for Policy Makers" and allow the public to comment prior to
releasing WCAG2 as a W3C Recommendation

----------------------------
Response from Working Group:

The conformance section of WCAG2 has been completely rewritten. The term
"baseline" has been replaced by "accessibility-supported Web technologies".
The issue of what it means to be an accessibility-supported Web technology
is addressed in the section "Accessibility Support of Web Technologies" at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#accessibility-support .
Response from GSW:
Thank you for taking my comment into account