Clarification of Text, image of text, and visually randered text

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:10:38 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Alex Li
Email: alex.li@sap.com
Affiliation: SAP
Document: W2
Item Number: Guideline 1.4: Make it easier for people with disabilities to ...
Part of Item:
Comment Type: general comment
Summary of Issue: Clarification of Text, image of text, and visually randered text
We have a number of terms around text that should be defined or explained.  The difference between text, image of text, and visually randered text is not obvious.  Image of text deserve a clarification too.  Does the coca cola logo count as a image of text?  I\'m not sure...  What about an icon that contains numbers or letters such as the spellcheck icon on MS Words (it contains the letters \"ABC\" and a checkmark)?  Does a photo of a library bookshelf or city street with lots of signs and ad count as image of text.  I don\'t think so, but that\'s not obvious to a reader.  The significance of \"visually randered\" text in 1.4.4 ought to be explained as well.

Proposed Change:
Add terms in glossary or simplify the terms.