From: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 8:18 AM
To: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>, public-colorweb@w3.org <public-colorweb@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Exposing HDR metadata in bitstreams through WebCodecs API
Why only video codec bitstreams?   Why wouldn’t we also want/need to expose this information for raster image formats as well?

Leonard

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Monday, October 25, 2021 at 6:39 PM
To: public-colorweb@w3.org <public-colorweb@w3.org>
Good morning/evening,

It was pointed out earlier today that now would be a good time to
identify any HDR/WCG metadata present at the video codec bitstream
level (as opposed to metadata at the container level), so that the
metadata can be exposed through the WebCodecs API.

Please reply to this thread if any such metadata comes to mind.

Best,

-- Pierre