Re: specifying colors outside srgb gamut with extended-linear-srgb

I don’t think any cartesian color model, and especially anything RGB-based is "intuitive". That's what polar color models are for (LCH, JzCzHz etc), which more closely match the way humans think about color.
IMO extended sRGB is primarily useful as a translation space, not for humans to specify directly, negative coordinates or not.

--
Lea Verou
πŸ‘©πŸ½ (she/her)

Web standards (W3C TAG, CSS WG), Usability research (MIT CSAIL), Open Source

πŸ”— https://lea.verou.me
🐦 @leaverou