Re: Principles of HDR in chrome

Thanks everybody for pointing out the HLG issues. In my mind I never meant
to apply that HLG just hard-clips the signal, and I will update the
document.

So far I haven't seen anybody comment on the major conclusion though:

SDR should be mapped into HDR as when played in a reference environment,
the composited result should then be adapted to the viewing environment.
(Which in a bright environment means that both HDR and SDR are made
brighter.)

If this conclusion is completely incorrect, then I should just scrap the
document instead of working on fixing the inaccuracies.

     /Fredrik 'Hubbe' Hubinette