Re: WebDriver Test Suite

On 27/06/14 10:31, Simon Stewart wrote:

> I'll add an agenda item for us to discuss (and decide) on the
> implementation language for the tests. Until then, I think David's
> suggestion is sound: let's get the code up for review so that we can have a
> reasoned discussion based on data rather than gut feel and instinct.

One data point that you may want to consider in your discussion is that
Python is used for all other tests in web-platform-tests. Being
different here will impose significant costs in terms of the difficulty
of running the testsuite against implementations that already run the
other tests. For example, given an appropriately designed python-based
testsuite, I can probably make wptrunner[1] run webdriver tests. That
would make it very easy to add these tests to the Mozilla CI system
along with other web-platform-tests, for example. With a different
technology choice adding to wptrunner won't be easy and more work will
be needed to get the tests running in our CI.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/wptrunner/tree/jgraham/initial