Re: TPAC agenda for Browser Tools and Testing

On 10/19/2012 02:12 PM, Simon Stewart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought it might be a good idea to go into our meetings on Monday
> and Tuesday at TPAC with a (rough, easy to modify, not-set-in-stone)
> agenda of topics we want to cover. Mine would include:
>
> * Interoperability
>    (the spec is very loose on this, but interop is vital)
> * Writing the conformance suite
>    (my preference is to use the JSON/HTTP protocol to help ensure interop)
> * Internationalised input (do we need the IME methods from OSS
> webdriver? Our current solution is very desktop-centric)
> * Possibly adding an ARIA locator
> * Handling the shadow DOM
> * Do we use strings or numbers for status codes
>    (there are arguments either way)
> * Identifying areas of the webdriver spec that better belong elsewhere
> * Any queries raised by implementors

This doesn't have to be part of the meeting time, but at some point it
might be useful to have a discussion about integrating the spec with the
rest of the platform in terms of model and terminology. For example the
spec tries to define the term "window", which is already defined in
HTML, and (iirc) should probably just use the phrase Top Level Browsing
Context.

Note that most of the people with expertise in this area are likely to
be in WebApps during the BTT meeting time, so if you want to do it
during the sessions, it would be good to coordinate a little.