Re: [ACTION-908] good practice for login forms

Francois Daoust wrote:

> Luca Passani wrote:
>>

>>>  However, I find it reasonable to believe that future browsers
>>>  will provide.....
>>  ^^^^
>>

>> Still stuck with the famous "forward-looking best practices"....
>
> Most of the best practices in the Mobile Web Application Best
> Practices document target more advanced browsers, so it sounds
> reasonable to put "future" on the table when considering a potential
> new best practice, especially if the BP in question might create a
> future problem. I understand this led to endless debates in the past,
> but don't quite see why it applies here.

I think you are mistaken.

http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#ddc

Best practices has the concept of Default Delivery Context, i.e. minimal
set of features which guarantees that a mobileOK will be displayed
correctly. These properties characterize your typical feature phone:

---------------------------
Usable Screen Width

120 pixels, minimum.
Markup Language Support

XHTML Basic 1.1 [XHTML-Basic] delivered with content type
application/xhtml+xml.
Character Encoding

UTF-8 [UTF-8].
Image Format Support

JPEG.

GIF 89a.
Maximum Total Page Weight

20 kilobytes.
Colors

256 Colors, minimum.
Style Sheet Support

CSS Level 1 [CSS]. In addition, CSS Level 2 [CSS2] @media rule together
with the handheld and all media types (see CSS 2 Media Types).
HTTP

HTTP/1.0 [HTTP1.0] or more recent [HTTP1.1].
Script

No support for client side scripting.

Again: a MobileOK page is supposed to work on a device with these
minimal features.

Luca