Re: [ACTION-908] good practice for login forms

Luca Passani wrote:

> Francois Daoust wrote:

>>>  ^^^^
>>>

>>> Still stuck with the famous "forward-looking best practices"....
>>
>> Most of the best practices in the Mobile Web Application Best
>> Practices document target more advanced browsers, so it sounds
>> reasonable to put "future" on the table when considering a potential
>> new best practice, especially if the BP in question might create a
>> future problem. I understand this led to endless debates in the past,
>> but don't quite see why it applies here.
>>
> I think you are mistaken.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#ddc

Sure, but we're not talking about a BP for the Mobile Web Best Practices
(MWBP) recommendation here. We're talking about a BP for the Mobile Web
Application Best Practices (MWABP) draft.

There is no DDC in MWABP. See section 1.3.4:

http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090101#d1e256

The goal of these additional best practices is to exploit devices
capabilities when you know about them. For instance, many of the best
practices only apply when the mobile device has support for scripting,
and thus do not target DDC-like devices.

Francois.