Internationalized local names

From: Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <jelabra@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:28:03 +0200
To: public-bpmlod@w3.org
During today's meeting, there was an issue raised with one of the
patterns/best practices.

The pattern was called "Internationalized local names" to refer to
examples where the domain name is restricted to ASCII characters while
local names allow Unicode characters like:

http://example.org#Հայաստա

The question that was raised was about the definition of local names.

I am not aware of a concise definition of local names in this context.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how we could rename this approach? Or
how to define what a local name is in this context?

Another possibility would be to remove this practice from the table.
However, in my opinion, it is good to document this practice because
it is employed, for example, by DBPedia International.

The goal of this practice is to maintain the domain name in ASCII
characters to avoid the visual spoofing attacks while being more
liberal in the local names, allowing Unicode characters.

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards, Labra