AnalyserNode

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:26:56 -0800
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Is there a historical reason why AnalyserNode has getByteTimeDomainData but
no getFloatTimeDomainData?  For higher-precision snippets, it would be kind
of useful.  For example, I've implemented an auto-correlating pitch
detection in my pitch detection sample, and I think it would be higher
precision if I could grab float samples (since I don't really need to
update constantly, I wouldn't need to process ALL the samples through a
ScriptProcessorNode).  Ditto for the waveform display in
http://webaudiodemos.appspot.com/oscilloscope/ - where I may want less than
constant waveforms, but I want to grab higher precision than 8-bit data.