Re: AnalyserNode

2013-12-10 19:26, Chris Wilson skrev:
> Is there a historical reason why AnalyserNode has
> getByteTimeDomainData but no getFloatTimeDomainData?  For
> higher-precision snippets, it would be kind of useful.  For example,
> I've implemented an auto-correlating pitch detection in my pitch
> detection sample, and I think it would be higher precision if I could
> grab float samples (since I don't really need to update constantly, I
> wouldn't need to process ALL the samples through a
> ScriptProcessorNode).  Ditto for the waveform display in
> http://webaudiodemos.appspot.com/oscilloscope/ - where I may want less
> than constant waveforms, but I want to grab higher precision than
> 8-bit data.

I would also like to know why there's no float version (it shouldn't be
hard adding the function though).

Also, is there a use case for the 8-bit data versions? Only possible
idea I've come up with is that you can use it directly as a WebGL
texture source or something, but I'd still rather see a high resolution
version in the first place (you can do the conversion to 8-bit yourself,
but the other way around is impossible).

/Marcus

--
Marcus Geelnard
Technical Lead, Mobile Infrastructure