Relative pace of our specs (Was: Vendor implementation status: Web MIDI API)

On 23/01/2013 02:58, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

>I'm still a little puzzled by the fact that most of the energy in this
>group lately has been directed towards MIDI when it seems self-evident to
>me that Web Audio is far more important and still needs a lot of work.

Has it really? I'd agree that Marcos joining the group recently, and his
energy and enthusiasm for the web midi api has given a very welcome push
to that spec, but I don't get the sense that the group as a whole is
shifting its energy away from the web audio api.

That said, we have only one editor for the web audio api, and a busy one
at that. I would certainly like to see more patches / rewrite / editorial
suggestions for the web audio spec, in addition to the excellent
discussions and issue raising which we already routinely see in this group.

Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk

If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the