Re: Changing sample rate, Web Audio API, getUserMedia -- forward from [chromium-discuss]

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM, He Shiming <heshiming@gmail.com> wrote:

> My actual application is an education one. It captures voices from user
> and have the server evaluate the pronunciation. My current implementation
> (via wami-recorder) uses 16khz mono 16bit wave, which is 250kbps data.
> Applying deflate will cut down about 30%, and given sending via base64
> expands about 30%, my upload rate is somewhere near 250kbps. The option to
> do it via javascript is here: https://github.com/imaya/zlib.js .
>
> It is a lot, but it's acceptable. If I could cut it down to less than
> 64kbps, that would be fantastic. Opus looks great. But client side encoding
> is going to be a problem. I do need cross browser and cross platform
> solutions. It looks like deflated wave is all I got.

Whichever APIs you use will take time to reach all browsers on all
platforms. Hopefully Opus will spread at least as quickly :-). Anyway,
offtopic for this list, sorry.

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority
over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among
you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your
slave — just
as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his
life as a ransom for many.” [Matthew 20:25-28]