Re: Changing sample rate, Web Audio API, getUserMedia -- forward from [chromium-discuss]

My actual application is an education one. It captures voices from user and
have the server evaluate the pronunciation. My current implementation (via
wami-recorder) uses 16khz mono 16bit wave, which is 250kbps data. Applying
deflate will cut down about 30%, and given sending via base64 expands about
30%, my upload rate is somewhere near 250kbps. The option to do it via
javascript is here: https://github.com/imaya/zlib.js .

It is a lot, but it's acceptable. If I could cut it down to less than
64kbps, that would be fantastic. Opus looks great. But client side encoding
is going to be a problem. I do need cross browser and cross platform
solutions. It looks like deflated wave is all I got.

--
Best regards,
He Shiming