Re: Sites using webkitAudioContext only

Hi,

A couple of points -

1. I noticed that Chris Wilson's AudioContextMonkeyPatch is only one way. This is not what I need
because it doesn't patch AudioContext in un-prefixed implementations. So I made one for my
own use since I do have legacy code that I can only port over time .. if anyone's interested.

https://gist.github.com/srikumarks/5780007

This patch will provide new names in implementations that have only the old
names and will provide old names in implementations that have only the
new names. It will provide both the prefixed and unprefixed AudioContext
constructor if either is missing. On top of that, it will emit deprecation warnings
for the old names upon use (only once) and urge you to move to new API names
right away. This is exactly what *I* (as a dev) need to save myself time checking
whether my code will work in various browsers (Blink, Opera, Mozilla) whenever
they come out.

2. I think Mozilla "being forced to include webkitAudioContext" just to run
existing code is a failed argument if neutering is already implemented to solve
race conditions. Much of my code won't run, even with the above linked bi-directional
monkey patch. I'm quite sure there are others like me. A "good" solution to this problem
(imho) is to use immutable objects (ex: Blobs) instead of (or in addition to) ArrayBuffers,
but I believe the decision is already made?

Best,
-Kumar
http://sriku.org