Re: oscillators and the Web Audio API

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Alistair MacDonald <al@signedon.com> wrote:

> I think going back-and-forth between the Native Graph and the
> JavaScript Processing Nodes is going to be quite expensive,

I think it's better to try things out and measure than to make assumptions
about performance. The relative cost of those transitions will depend very
much on the implementation, and decisions about buffer sizing etc.

Also, devices have multiple CPU cores now. My ProcessedMediaStream
implementation spreads the processing for different streams across all
available cores. It's especially hard to predict performance in that kind
of configuration.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not
sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." [1 John
1:8-10]