Re: Fwd: Resending: Action 2039

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:14:32 -0400
To: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>, Matthew King <mattking@us.ibm.com>
On 2016-05-25 2:41 PM, Rich Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Please review the following text that describes Matt’s changes for
> action 2039 regarding aria-activedescendant for Thursday’s call.
>
> Rich

>> *From: *Matt King <mck@fb.com <mailto:mck@fb.com>>
>> *...***
>>
>> I want to call your attention to this post. I hope there is room for
>> it on Thursday’s agenda and we can close action 2039 this week.
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016May/0152.html
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Matt

I haven't had a lot time to work on this, but here are a couple of quick
suggested editorial changes:

- Missing space in the first sentence of the second paragraph: "... the
type of interaction model atextbox, searchbox, ...".  Need a space
between the "a" and the "textbox".

- In the value table, the descriptions all use the future tense.  I
think the present tense reads better.  For example, for the "inline"
value, change:

"If the user provides a partial value for the input, text will appear
after the caret suggesting a way to complete the input."

"If the user provides a partial value for the input, text appears after
the caret suggesting a way to complete the input."

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -