W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > May 2016

[AAPI] Minutes UAI TF Meeting, Tuesday 3 May 2016

From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 16:08:16 -0400
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cc: "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Message-ID: <d5c57f43-0d50-2aae-a291-585353e5fb1a@igalia.com>
URL: https://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

03 May 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-aapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joseph_Scheuhammer, Joanmarie_Diggs, Bryan_Garaventa,
          Cynthia_Shelly

   Regrets
          Richard_Schwerdtfeger

   Chair
          Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Scribe
          joanie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Administration: Joseph away for the next two weeks
            -- meeting?
         2. [5]ACTION-2043 (Joseph/Cynthia) Review UIA mapping of
            role="status".
         3. [6]ISSUE-1025/ACTION-2054 (All) Reminder re: mappings
            for new values of aria-haspopup.
         4. [7]ACTION-1569 (Cynthia/Jason/Joseph) Section that
            describes AAPI differences -- latest suggestions from
            Jason.
         5. [8]ACTION-1409 (Joanie) Quick checkin: Add group
            position interface to ATK/AT-SPI.
         6. [9]ACTION-1668 (All) Use IA2_ROLE_LANDMARK and
            ROLE_LANDMARK (ATK) for role="form".
         7. [10]Triage actions:
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23 (start
            with ACTION-1409)
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

Administration: Joseph away for the next two weeks -- meeting?

   JS: I'm not here for the next two weeks.
   ... If you want to meet, you can do so.
   ... Is there any interest in meeting?

   BG: I don't think it would be especially productive.

   JS: Rich is driven since he wants to get ARIA 1.1 out.
   ... Do you want to chair, Cynthia? :)

   CS: I'm pretty busy these days.

   JS: So I'll send out an email saying no meeting the next two
   weeks.
   ... If you change your mind, contact Michael to set up WebEx.
   ... So the next meeting will be on May 24th.

ACTION-2043 (Joseph/Cynthia) Review UIA mapping of role="status".

   <clown> action-2043?

   <trackbot> action-2043 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Modify UIA
   mapping of role="status" -- due 2016-03-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2043

     [13] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2043

   JS: This has gone through one set of reviews.

   CS: Didn't we talk about this last week?

   JS: We talked about it two weeks ago.
   ... Cynthia wanted to make the localized control type be
   status.

   <clown>
   [14]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#r
   ole-map-status

     [14]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-status

   JS: I made that change.
   ... The URL above has the update.

   <clown> • Control Type: Group

   <clown> • Localized Control Type: status

   <clown> • LiveSettingProperty = Polite (1)

   JS: I'll copy the full text (above)

   JD: We need to do something similar for ATK and IA2 I bet.

   CS: This looks fine for my platform.

   JS: I think there's an issue in github for this.

   CS: Yes, I opened one.

   JS: We'll wait until things settle down to have that
   discussion.
   ... I will close action-2043.

ISSUE-1025/ACTION-2054 (All) Reminder re: mappings for new values of
aria-haspopup.

   <clown> action-2054?

   <trackbot> action-2054 -- Matthew King to Expand aria-haspopup
   to support a token list of values -- due 2016-04-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2054

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2054

   JS: I know that Matt King has put forth a proposal for
   aria-haspopup.
   ... I think it's reached CfC.

   CS: It has.

   <clown> issue-540

   <trackbot> issue-540 -- Should the UAIG have a section to
   describe the API differences -- open

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/540

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/540

   JS: I think on Thursday it will go through.
   ... So we'll need mappings.

   <clown> issue-1025

   <trackbot> issue-1025 -- Drive mappings of the new enumerated
   type values for aria-haspopup -- open

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1025

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1025

   <clown> action-1026

   <trackbot> Sorry, but action-1026 does not exist.

   <clown> action-2056

   <trackbot> action-2056 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Coordinate
   the mappings for the various AAPIs of the enumerated
   aria-haspopup values -- due 2016-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

   JS: Rich has an action to coordinate the mappings for this.
   ... He'll be contacting you.
   ... So it's a reminder.

   CS: I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have anywhere
   to map it.

   <clown>
   [19]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaHaspopupTrue

     [19]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaHaspopupTrue

   JS: Not even in ARIA properties?

   CS: It will be in ARIA properties, but that's not a real
   mapping.
   ... What we do now is use the expand/collapse pattern.
   ... I'll keep looking.

   JS: I wonder what AXAPI is going to do.
   ... I think ATK and MSAA will use the object attribute
   technique.

   JD: Confirmed.

ACTION-1569 (Cynthia/Jason/Joseph) Section that describes AAPI
differences -- latest suggestions from Jason.

   <clown> action-1569?

   <trackbot> action-1569 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a section
   that describes AAPI differences -- due 2016-05-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1569

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1569

   JS: I had sent email to Jason Kiss a while back about the API
   differences section.
   ... He replied that he has some minor suggestions for the UIA
   content, which Cynthia wrote.
   ... I forwarded Cynthia the email.

   <clown> Fwd: Re: Section of Core-AAM that describes AAPI
   differences (ACTION-1569)

   JS: Essentially, he wants to capitalize some technical terms.

   <clown>
   [21]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#u
   ia

     [21] https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#uia

   CS: That's fine.

   JS: Special font or just capitalized?
   ... Capitalized is fine.
   ... I will try to do this by the end of the week so we can
   close this out.
   ... If I make this change, can I just close the action?

   CS: Yes.

ACTION-1409 (Joanie) Quick checkin: Add group position interface to
ATK/AT-SPI.

   JD: Thanks for the ping. :)

   <clown> action-1409?

   <trackbot> action-1409 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Monitor progress
   of bug against atk in gnome's bugzilla requesting new position,
   level, and other api be added
   ([22]https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453) -- due
   2016-04-07 -- OPEN

     [22] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453)

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1409

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1409

ACTION-1668 (All) Use IA2_ROLE_LANDMARK and ROLE_LANDMARK (ATK) for
role="form".

   <clown> action-1668?

   <trackbot> action-1668 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Add a
   ia2_role_landmark to ia2. this will tell ats to look at the
   xml-roles value for landmarks -- due 2015-07-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1668

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1668

   JS: I have a question about this one.

   <clown>
   [25]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#r
   ole-map-form

     [25]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-form

   JS: Rich had a dialog with Alex about the IA2 mapping of the
   role form.
   ... Alex accepted mapping it as a landmark.
   ... And use the xml-roles object attribute.
   ... This makes the mapping consistent with the other landmarks.
   ... So I've done it. I think I can close it now.
   ... Last week we discussed whether the WebAim folks thought the
   form element should be treated as a landmark.
   ... One other thing I've done is because the landmark roles
   have all changed drastically, I've put an ARIA 1.1 tag by each
   landmark.

   <clown>
   [26]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#r
   ole-map-banner

     [26]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-banner

   JS: For instance, if you look at banner (above), you'll see the
   ARIA 1.1 tag.
   ... I think we'll need to test the landmark roles for 1.1 due
   to the changes.
   ... And this tag will help me find them.
   ... Any objections?

   Group: None.

   JS: It doesn't mean the role was introduced in 1.1; just that
   we need to retest.

   <clown> action-1668

   <trackbot> action-1668 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Add a
   ia2_role_landmark to ia2. this will tell ats to look at the
   xml-roles value for landmarks -- due 2015-07-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1668

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1668

   JS: Can I now close this action?

   JD: Was the mapping of ATK made consistent with IA2?

   <clown> ROLE_LANDMARK + object attribute xml-roles:form

   JS: Yes. It's above.
   ... Hearing no objections to closing this action....
   ... Closed.

Triage actions: [28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23
(start with ACTION-1409)

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

   JS: Triage!

   <clown> action-980?

   <trackbot> action-980 -- Cynthia Shelly to Describe/define
   managed aria related states: aria-setsize, aria-posinset,
   aria-level, focused, focusable with reference to section 5.5
   bullet 1 of the UAIG. -- due 2016-05-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

   JS: A new one (action-980).
   ... Cynthia, this is the section that describes and defines
   managed states.

   CS: Give me another two weeks.

   action-1533

   <trackbot> action-1533 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Investigate and
   possibly create a minimal/skeleton javascript at-spi2 listener
   with the aim of automating the 1.1 tests. -- due 2016-03-15 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

     [30] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

   <clown> action-1533?

   <trackbot> action-1533 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Investigate and
   possibly create a minimal/skeleton javascript at-spi2 listener
   with the aim of automating the 1.1 tests. -- due 2016-03-15 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

     [31] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

   JS: So, Joanie, how's this coming?

   JD: I'm busy this week, but plan to start on it next week.
   ... Extend two weeks please.

   CS: Were you going to look at IA2 and Mac as well?

   JD: Not entirely sure yet. I need to start with my platform
   first, of course. But I'll try.

   <clown> action-1593

   <trackbot> action-1593 -- Cynthia Shelly to Compare
   implementations of AAPI managed states and look for gaps. --
   due 2016-05-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1593

     [32] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1593

   <clown> issue-706

   <trackbot> issue-706 -- Describe/define AAPI managed states --
   open

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/706

     [33] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/706

   CS: This seems like a duplicate of the earlier managed-states
   action.
   ... There may have originally been a distinction, but I don't
   recall what it is.

   JS: I'll close this one out as a duplicate then.
   ... The other one is action-980, right?
   ... Yes.

   <clown> action-1681?

   <trackbot> action-1681 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Propose new
   wording, as an editorial change only to clarify the inclusion
   rules in section 5.1.2 -- due 2016-04-12 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

     [34] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

   JS: I've been trying to do this.
   ... I've started, but not finished.
   ... I hope to be finished by the end of the week.
   ... I'm glad I have Rich's section to point to, but Matt has
   raised some issues.
   ... So I'm going to postpone it for three weeks (one week after
   I get back).

   <clown> action-1686

   <trackbot> action-1686 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Drive mapping
   of aria-errormessage to aapis -- due 2015-07-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1686

     [35] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1686

   JS: We have a bunch of errormessage actions.

   <clown> action-1692

   <trackbot> action-1692 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Propose ATK/AT-SPI
   mapping for aria-errormessage -- due 2015-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1692

     [36] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1692

   JD: Aren't we stalled on this?
   ... I had proposed new relation types.
   ... But then in subsequent discussion, things seemed to have
   stalled.
   ... This is on the IA2 list.

   JS: It's also on the ARIA list.
   ... The most recent discussion was in April.

   <clown>
   [37]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Apr/01
   32.html

     [37] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Apr/0132.html

   JS: I think it's the message at the above URL.
   ... (Reads from message)

   CS: I can talk about how we do our error messages which are
   built into the browser.
   ... We have a separate accessible object and a controller-for.
   ... And the message is exposed through the help text.
   ... So it's both a linked-to object and a descriptive string.
   ... Help text is whatever is in the tooltip.

   JS: I don't see a UIA action for errormessage.

   <clown>
   [38]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaErrorMessage

     [38]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaErrorMessage

   JS: Maybe we completed it.
   ... Yes, the mapping for UIA is above.

   <clown> UIA aria-errormessage mapping: "Expose pointer to the
   target accessible object using ControllerFor property."

   JD: Should the mapping include exposing the string via your
   help text attribute?

   CS: I'm ok with it being a SHOULD; not a MUST.

   JS: Do you want to add anything to the UIA mapping, or leave it
   as it is?

   CS: I'm fine with leaving it as it is.

   JS: I guess we're stuck with the other platforms.

   <clown>
   [39]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaControls

     [39]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaControls

   JD: I think ATK is blocked on IA2's mapping because a number of
   people want ATK and IA2 to be parallel whenever possible.

   Group: Discusses and reads specs and API docs on "controls" and
   "controller".

   JD + JS: This seems like controls/controller do not quite fit
   here.

   JD: We can propose this to Jamie, but I don't think he'll
   embrace this mapping.

   JS: Should we bring this up to the group on Thursday first?

   JD: Fine with me.

   JS: I'll leave these items as red so they come up next time.

   <clown> action-1695

   <trackbot> action-1695 -- Cynthia Shelly to Propose UIA mapping
   for aria-kbdshortcuts -- due 2016-03-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1695

     [40] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1695

   CS: I did this a while ago.

   JS: (Reads from action)
   ... So what is the mapping if I were to write it out?

   CS: AcceleratorKey is the best mapping for now.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 3 May 2016 20:08:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:26 UTC