W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > March 2016

RE: Agenda: March 10, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 19:47:49 +0000
To: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Message-ID: <eeb8efbb48344e4698437a500af9b7de@CAR-WNMBP-006.wiley.com>
I will be 30 minutes late.

The version of DPUB-ARIA that is the repo now [1, 2] is ready to go for Friday.
[1] https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/aadd0236fbdfdc09f245fddf0121332eb93e59e6

[2] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html

Tzviya Siegman
Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 12:05 PM
To: ARIA Working Group
Cc: Cynthia Shelly
Subject: Agenda: March 10, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

Cynthia: We need you on the call to discuss combobox and the password role.

Agenda: March 10, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours

Webex: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e

US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code:640 582 571 (Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#)

IRC: server: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org> http://irc.w3.org/ <http://irc.w3.org/>  , port: 6665, channel: #aria.


1. Reminder: Heartbeat drafts - Ready to go Editors by Friday?

- ARIA 1.1

- Core-AAM

- Core Name and Description



- Graphics?

2. CFC Results - Pulled in on time?

        - Action 2021 https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-2021/aria/aria.html#spinbutton

        - Action 1730 https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1730/aria/aria.html#deprecated

        - CFC: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0003.html

3. ARIA Test team - Progress? (Jon)

4. Action 1490: Combobox (20 minutes *max* discussion) Matt

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/610

        - Proposal: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/mck-action1490/aria/aria.html

6. Action 1743: Put aria-activedescendant on application. The group also wants to changes its function (Joanie)

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1743

7. Action 2004: Create Proposal for Password Role (Cynthia Shelly to respond with response from security team)

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2004

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2020

        - https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1005

8. Action 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overriden by strong native semantics (Michael)

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489

        - Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1489/aria/aria.html#host_general_conflict

        - Diff: https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/0b9ebc94afa85fcfb281bab88b9dacd2a88111c7

9. Action 1723: Create sections listing the roles that provide nameFrom:author and nameFrom:Contents (Joanie)

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1723

10. Actiom 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overridden by strong native semantics (e.g., aria-label and aria-labelledby) (Michael)

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489

11. Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new dates and determine if must reassign)

        - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/17

12. Action 2023 Write a proposal about how to modify the definition of role text to limit its use. AAPI subgroup does not want this applied to anything other than images and wants to restrict role=“text” to images in the HTML host language. We need to hear both sides one more time. The big concern is embedding links.

        - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2023


Extended Description Analysis:


ARIA Test Plan Action Items:


ARIA Implementation Guide:


ARIA Name Computation Issues and Actions:


ARIA Test Report:


ARIA 1.1 Test Plan Issues and Actions:


ARIA 1.1 Test Harness:


Use Cases for Extended Descriptions:


WAI-ARIA Extension Process:


ARIA Working Group Decision Policy


Minutes Last Meeting:


Rich Schwerdtfeger

Received on Wednesday, 9 March 2016 19:48:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:22 UTC