W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > March 2016

Agenda: March 10, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:04:54 -0600
Message-Id: <12C36D2E-EDB6-40CF-BCC5-AFBCB6195B79@gmail.com>
Cc: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cynthia: We need you on the call to discuss combobox and the password role. 

Agenda: March 10, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours

Webex: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e <https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e> 
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code:640 582 571 (Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#)

IRC: server: irc.w3.org http://irc.w3.org/ <http://irc.w3.org/> <http://irc.w3.org/ <http://irc.w3.org/>>  , port: 6665, channel: #aria.

Agenda: 
 
	
1. Reminder: Heartbeat drafts - Ready to go Editors by Friday?
- ARIA 1.1
- Core-AAM
- Core Name and Description
- DPUB-ARIA
- DPUB-AAM
- Graphics?
2. CFC Results - Pulled in on time?
	- Action 2021 https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-2021/aria/aria.html#spinbutton <https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-2021/aria/aria.html#spinbutton>
	- Action 1730 https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1730/aria/aria.html#deprecated <https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1730/aria/aria.html#deprecated>
	- CFC: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0003.html
3. ARIA Test team - Progress? (Jon)
4. Action 1490: Combobox (20 minutes *max* discussion) Matt
	
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490> 
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/610 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/610>   
	- Proposal: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/mck-action1490/aria/aria.html <http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/mck-action1490/aria/aria.html> 
6. Action 1743: Put aria-activedescendant on application. The group also wants to changes its function (Joanie)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1743 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1743> 
7. Action 2004: Create Proposal for Password Role (Cynthia Shelly to respond with response from security team)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2004 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2004> 
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2020
	- https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password <https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password> 
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1005 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1005> 
8. Action 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overriden by strong native semantics (Michael)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489> 
	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1489/aria/aria.html#host_general_conflict <https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1489/aria/aria.html#host_general_conflict> 
	- Diff: https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/0b9ebc94afa85fcfb281bab88b9dacd2a88111c7 <https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/0b9ebc94afa85fcfb281bab88b9dacd2a88111c7> 


9. Action 1723: Create sections listing the roles that provide nameFrom:author and nameFrom:Contents (Joanie)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1723 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1723>  


10. Actiom 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overridden by strong native semantics (e.g., aria-label and aria-labelledby) (Michael)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489>   

11. Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new dates and determine if must reassign)  
        - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/17 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/17>   

12. Action 2023 Write a proposal about how to modify the definition of role text to limit its use. AAPI subgroup does not want this applied to anything other than images and wants to restrict role=“text” to images in the HTML host language. We need to hear both sides one more time. The big concern is embedding links. 
   	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2023 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2023>  



References:

Extended Description Analysis:
https://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis <https://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis> 

ARIA Test Plan Action Items:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5> 
ARIA Implementation Guide:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23> 
ARIA Name Computation Issues and Actions:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/26 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/26> 
ARIA Test Report:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1> 
ARIA 1.1 Test Plan Issues and Actions:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/25 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/25> 

ARIA 1.1 Test Harness:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases?testsuite_id=4 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases?testsuite_id=4> 

Use Cases for Extended Descriptions:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions> 

WAI-ARIA Extension Process:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions> 

ARIA Working Group Decision Policy
https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/decision-policy <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/decision-policy> 

Minutes Last Meeting:
https://www.w3.org/2016/03/03-aria-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2016/03/03-aria-minutes.html>




Rich Schwerdtfeger
Received on Wednesday, 9 March 2016 17:05:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 9 March 2016 17:05:23 UTC