Re: [ARIA] Agenda: March 3, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 14:54:13 -0700
To: Fred Esch <fesch@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Fred, Joseph:

Did you see my proposal on this topic? I tried to give the email a more
meaningful subject, but I'm afraid that just broke the conversation chain:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Mar/0043.html

I also posted the same text (slightly more elegantly formatted) to the
GitHub issue that started the discussion:
https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/136#issuecomment-192584872

Richard:

Could you please add this issue to the 10 March ARIA Working Group agenda.
I'd like to get a clear resolution from the group, even if we're running
out of time to get edits into this round of working drafts.

Fred:

I am quite confident that we can accommodate all practical SVG use-cases
while still insisting that every element that can receive focus is
represented in the accessibility tree.  It means the spec is a little more
complicated, with back and forth competing priorities for inclusion versus
exclusion, but the end result is sensible.

Joseph, Joanie
& all other group members / mailing list subscribers:

Please review my proposal (links above) to see if it addresses your
concerns & makes sense.  Reply with comments to my email from last Friday,
or on the GitHub issue, or be ready to bring them up on Thursday.

Best,
Amelia