JQuery-UI Calendar widget accessibility

From: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:42:12 +0000
To: Matt King <mck@fb.com>, "James Nurthen (james.nurthen@oracle.com)" <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
CC: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Matt and James,

Could we spend some time reviewing a new calendar widget (e.g. multiple months in one dialog box) from the JQUery-UI team.
http://view.jqueryui.com/datepicker/demos/calendar/multiple-months.html

They have asked for some accessibility feedback and I would like to get some feedback on the roles and keyboard model for this composite widget.

It would be a good example to include in the authoring practices guide of a complex widget.

Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator of IT Accessibility
Disability Resources and Education Services

E-mail: jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu>