Re: code samples for extended description

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:13:04 -0500
To: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>, Jason White <jjwhite@ets.org>
On Wed, 2016-01-13 at 13:55 +0000, Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken wrote:
> Further to Daniel’s questions, we have talked about a theoretical
> media query and user settings to show/hide extended descriptions, but
> we have not actually talked about whether this is an attribute of
> ARIA, HTML, or CSS. Is this something the user can toggle? Is this
> built into the browser chrome?

And also, it has to support image details that are there for all users
in the same document as image details being used for accessibility
reasons.

Example: camera information associated with an image using details.
Being interested in which lens was used to take a photograph is
orthogonal to being able to see the image, and a separate image
description should be provided.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>