RE: ARIA roles in WAI-ARIA Graphics Module working draft

We don't have tabindex support in all the browsers for SVG. I would start
with Chrome.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From: "Schnabel, Stefan" <stefan.schnabel@sap.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: Fred Esch/Arlington/IBM@IBMUS, "public-aria@w3.org"
            <public-aria@w3.org>
Date: 12/15/2015 04:40 AM
Subject: RE: ARIA roles in WAI-ARIA Graphics Module working draft

Hi Rich,

>>>   <g tabindex="0" role="button">

Great! Question is if major browser and AT vendors will support that
already by accident or intentionally ... I’ll do some testing J

>>> In the future we will also have roles like: axis, datapoint, etc.

I find that very useful since everybody seems to do chart libs in SVG these
days. Is there already info available which additional roles are projected
(a “chart” roles subchapter in the Graphics Module working draft perhaps)?
We can give extensive feedback here what would be needed.

Best Regards
Stefan