RE: ISSUE-1011: For role="text", there needs to be requirements on user agents for overrides, such as controls, events, and other global aria properties, like there is for role="presentation".

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:04:40 +0000
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>, "Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group" <public-aria@w3.org>
Basically, if somebody puts it on a container that includes embedded active elements like form fields and links or other interactive widget types, those widgets will still be exposed.

Otherwise, if somebody puts it on a body element, it will render the entire content inaccessible.

Bryan Garaventa
Senior Accessibility Engineer
SSB BART Group, Inc.
bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com
415.624.2709 (o)
www.SSBBartGroup.com

What type of override? I am not following.

Rich