Re: Password role proposal: Freedom Scientific response

That is correct. ARIA is about interoperability at the API/browser level. It is not about mandating user agent visible user experience. It is not about mandating AT behavior. We have stated that from the very beginning.

Although we are trying to get as close as possible with a SHOULD regarding ATs. IOW we should not hold up password role because ATs to fix the rendered text issue by CR. That issue exists with our without the password role. What we can do is if an author supplies the password role is tell the AT that is is a custom password field. This is something we do not have the ability to do without ARIA today.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger