RE: Access Control open/raised issues

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:36:53 -0800
To: "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "ext Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-appformats-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-appformats-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arthur Barstow

I agree that Brad and Ian covered the rationale, but I remain
unconvinced.  This issue has been raised by at least 3 people, and I
think that others may support the server-side PEP position on the issue.
I disagree with this issue being closed, because I think there is
substantial lack of consensus on this.  We've heard from a few vocal
people but I think the way forward is to gain a clear understanding of
the Working Group's position on this.  I think this is far too hasty.