Re: Access Control: integrated Requirements, Use Cases and FAQ

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:30:44 -0800
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>, public-appformats-request@w3.org

I just want to go on record saying that I disagree with some of the
rationale in the FAQ section. I have already described my disagreements in:

* http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008Jan/0169.html

There was follow-on discussion on some of my points, but bottom-line is the
same: I still disagree with some of the choices and the rationale behind
those choices. Despite my disagreements, however, if Access Control
finishes and gets adopted by industry, it will provide a set of benefits
and costs to the industry. My disagreements are more about how there could
be greater benefit and less cost if different choices were made.

Jon

             "Anne van
             Kesteren"
             <annevk@opera.com                                          To
             >                         "WAF WG (public)"
             Sent by:                  <public-appformats@w3.org>
             public-appformats                                          cc
             -request@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Access Control: integrated
             01/18/2008 03:32          Requirements, Use Cases and FAQ
             AM

Hi,

To help keep us on track I took the feedback we had on use cases and
requirements so far and integrated them into the main specification as
proposal. I have also integrated the design decision FAQ I created because

several people indicated it was a useful document.

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/#requirements
   http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/#use-cases
   http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/#design-decision-faq

Feedback welcome!