Re: ISSUE-18: Is JSONRequest an acceptable alternative to the current model? [Access Control]

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 00:51:29 +0100
To: "Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

On 2008-01-04 23:22:11 +0000, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> I just think this WG should encourage adoption of JSONRequest, in
> addition to whatever else it does. There's little cost and
> significant advantage.

I'm not sure it's something this WG should or needs to do.

That said, I believe that *anything* is progress that makes sane use
of JSON easier for developers than either adding script tags with a
third-party source URI to the DOM, or eval'ing arbitrary data
retrieved from the network.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>