Re: [web-annotation] Annotation alsoKnownAs <uri>

> On 4 Nov 2015, at 01:43, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> Proposal post-TPAC:
>
> Use rel=via instead of rel=canonical in the model. This would be
iana:via (json-ld key: via) on the Annotation, with the object being
another URI for the Annotation.
> Rationale: rel=canonical is too strong. If the @id
<https://github.com/id> is the deferenceable HTTP URI, and the
referenced URI is just a UUID, then the canonical one is the HTTP URI
already. Instead we want to say that we got this resource via this
other resource. We could ALSO assert canonical if necessary, but that
would require quite some coordination amongst systems. To me
(personally, non editor, non chair, yadda yadda) that seems like
something to add once we have deployment experience.

Right. We can try to formulate, formally, a feature as 'at risk' when
going to CR, based on implementation experience, or something like
that.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See