[web-annotation] Editorial: Split model into vocab and model+json-ld

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 19:56:46 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
azaroth42 has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation:

== Editorial: Split model into vocab and model+json-ld ==

A proposal discussed at TPAC was to split the documentation that
currently is instantiated in annotation-model into two pieces, one for
 the basic model and the JSON-LD serialization of that model, and a
second for the vocabulary/ontology.

Rationale:
  * This is what ActivityStreams does and the Social Web WG have very
similar goals to us in terms of making the outcomes of the group
accessible.
  * It helps with testing -- if we only normatively specify the
JSON-LD profile, then that's all we need to test.  The ontology can
then be tested separately, without worrying about JSON-LD or any
particular serialization.  We would not need to test turtle
representation of the model, for example, as it's just turtle.
  * It makes it easier to be specific in both -- the vocab doc can say
 things like rdfs:subPropertyOf and give domain and range, whereas the
 model and JSON-LD serialization can take out things that are
acceptable-to-no-one like "URI" in the tables, the turtle
serialization, and so forth.

See https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/97