Re: [web-annotation] Simplifying hasBody

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 20:03:39 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
So...if we make this change a singular, textual body annotation could
take either of these forms:

```json
{
  "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/anno.jsonld",
  "id": "http://example.com/anno1",
  "text": "W3C site",
  "target": "http://w3.org/"
}
```

or...more extendable-y:
```
{
  "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/anno.jsonld",
  "id": "http://example.com/anno1",
  "body": [{
    "content": "W3C site"
  }],
  "target": "http://w3.org/"
}
```
(if providing "space" for expansion to multiple bodies...otherwise,
turn that into just a single object...not an array)

These are *not* identical, but they encode the same data, and to the
user (one would think) they would be presented identically.

Given that, a developer will need to:
 - check for `text` on `body`
 - check if `body` is an array
 - if `body` is an object, extract `content`
 - if `body` is an array, loop through multiple bodies...do the right
thing with each

>From a graph developers perspective, there my now be a
`oa:hasBodyText` string or `oa:hasBody` resource.

Or at least that's my understanding of it. :smile:

--
GitHub Notif of comment by BigBlueHat
See